In biblical usage, “Stewardship” is the management of whatever a person is entrusted with, not only to preserve but profitably administer for his master, ultimately for God. Christ proposed the faithful steward as model for the responsible Christian (Luke 12:42). The Apostles are chosen stewards of the divine mysteries (I Corinthians 4:1-2), and every Christian is a steward of the mysteries of God (I Peter 4:10). Jesus praised the unjust steward of the parable, not because he was dishonest, but because of his foresight, since "the children of this world are more astute in dealing with their own kind than are the children of light" (Luke 16:1-8). This is the ultimate lesson of stewardship: that a human being is not owner but only custodian of God's gifts in this world, to use them and produce with them the fruits of eternal life.
(Etym. Old English stigweard, "keeper of the hall": stig, hall + weard, keeper.)
ALL MASSES WILL ADHERE TO A 50% CAPACITY LIMIT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Saturday Vigil – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday – 8:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m.
12:30 p.m. (Español) & 5:00pm
Mon., Wed., Fri at 8:30 a.m.
Tues. & Thurs. at 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. (Español)
First Friday at 7:00 p.m.
First Saturday at Noon
Sacrament of Reconciliation:
Tuesday 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Thursday 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
And by appointment
PLEASE BE AWARE OF A SCAM: Parishioners are once again receiving texts and emails asking for gift cards or other assistance that appear to be from Father Henry, Father Luis, and now Bishop Joe Vasquez, but it is indeed a scam. If you receive one of these, please do not reply. ******THIS IS A SCAM******
TENGA EN CUENTA DE UNA ESTAFA: los feligreses nuevamente están recibiendo mensajes de texto y correos electrónicos solicitando tarjetas de regalo u otra asistencia que parecen ser del Padre Henry, el Padre Luis, y ahora del Obispo Joe Vasquez, pero de hecho es una estafa. Si recibe uno de estos, por favor no responda. ******ESTO ES UNA ESTAFA******
We are excited to announce that you can now manage your giving online!
Giving online is easy and allows you to set up automatic recurring contributions and view your complete online giving history from anywhere you have access to the Internet. Simply follow these easy steps:
1) Click on the computer icon below,
2) Click on the Create Profile button, then
3) Follow the onscreen instructions to create an online profile and to schedule your recurring contributions.
This is also a good time to make any updates to your family profile. Has your phone number changed? Have you had a recent addition to the family? Please let us know of any recent changes by calling (512) 259-3126 or email your updates to [email protected].
Did you move or change your contact info last year? To ensure that you receive a written acknowledgement for contributions made during 2019, please call the office to verify that our records are up to date and that we have your correct mailing address.
St. Margaret Mary is a warm and diverse family, unified by our Roman Catholic faith through the celebration of the Holy Eucharist. Like the Apostles, we teach and proclaim the Good News of our Lord Jesus Christ and, through our ministries, we serve the needs of the community in Sacrament, Word, and Deed.
Readings for the week of August 2, 2020
- Sunday: Is 55:1-3 / Ps 145:8-9, 15-16, 17-18 [cf. 16] / Rom 8:35, 37-39 / Mt 14:13-21
- Monday: Jer 28:1-17 / Ps 119:29, 43, 79, 80, 95, 102 [68b] / Mt 14:22-36
- Tuesday: Jer 30:1-2, 12-15, 18-22 / Ps 102:16-18, 19-21, 29 and 22-23  / Mt 14:22-36 or Mt 15:1-2, 10-14
- Wednesday: Jer 31:1-7 / Jer 31:10, 11-12ab, 13 [cf. 10d] / Mt 15:21-28
- Thursday: Dn 7:9-10, 13-14 / Ps 97:1-2, 5-6, 9 [1a, 9a] / 2 Pt 1:16-19 / Mt 17:1-9
- Friday: Na 2:1, 3; 3:1-3, 6-7 / Dt 32:35cd-36ab, 39abcd, 41 [39c] / Mt 16:24-28
- Saturday: Hb 1:12—2:4 / Ps 9:8-9, 10-11, 12-13 [11b] / Mt 17:14-20
- Next Sunday: 1 Kgs 19:9a, 11-13a / Ps 85:9, 10, 11-12, 13-14  / Rom 9:1-5 / Mt 14:22-33
Word on Fire
SMM Aerial View
Video credit: Jeff Phillips imjeffp.com